Either you are opting for a no-makeup look or a full face of makeup, one product that is constant across both routines is a blush. Blush acts as a beautiful add-on to your makeup. Making your complexion healthier, skin youthful; just a few swipes of blush add a glow to your face that highlighters and bronzers cannot provide. The Best bridal makeup artist in Delhi is KBR Makeover bring a guide for you.
It is easy to go overboard and look like a clown when it comes to blush. Even though apply blush seems to be a pretty easy task to do; finding the right blush, your skin type, your tools, and techniques play a crucial role in giving you a flush of color.
This article gives provides you a complete guide about how to apply blush- colors, techniques, and much more.
1. Prep your skin
In order to make your blush last longer; it is very important to prep your skin. Start off with a gentle cleanser followed by toner, serum, moisturizer followed by sunscreen. Once the skin is prepped; layer your blush on your foundation for a more flawless and finished look.
2. Identify your face
In order to accent your face, you must identify your face type and apply the blush accordingly.
- Oval-shaped face
If you have prominent cheeks, a narrower chin, and a forehead; it is best to start from the cheekbones bringing the blush down towards the earlobes. In order to give a more put-together look; add a bit to the temples as well.
- Square face
If you have straight sides and a fairly flat jawline; add the blush all over the cheekbones from the corner of the brow to the hairline to add a flush of color.
- Round Face
People with curved jawlines and cheeks have round face. Round face people must look in the mirror, smile, and add blush to the apples of their cheeks. Even add the color to the temples as well as towards the earlobes.
- Heart-shaped face
Prominent cheekbones and a narrow chin, are the characteristics of a heart-shaped face. From the top of the temple down to the cheekbone; apply it in a C-shaped manner with more product along the cheekbone.
- Oblong face
People with forehead, cheeks, and jawlines of the same width have an oblong face. For them; applying to the apples of the cheeks along with some on the forehead and temples gives a healthy flush of color to the face.
3. Pick the correct shade
Blush isn’t of the same shade. You need to pick the correct shade as per your complexion. The tip is to pick something that is close to give you a more flushed look so that it looks more natural. You can choose the shade by applying a pinch to your cheeks.
- For people with pale and fair skin tones, light pinks give a good flush of color.
- Light-medium skin tone people can go for peachy pink shade to get a glow of color on the cheeks, temples, and a bit on the forehead.
- For golden or olive skin tone people, it is recommended to pick brighter, punchier pink blushes.
- Darker skin tone people can go with bright apricot shades for glowing and radiant look.
4. Pick the correct blush formula
As per your skin type; you can choose your the formula. Generally, there are three types of blushes: powders, creams, and stains.
- For normal or combination skin type people; it is advised to pick creamy formulas as they give a youthful, glowy, and flushed look. Creamy blushes are easy to apply and blend easily.
- For oily skin type people; cheek stain works well. They give a dewy look and last longer. Stains must be blended immediately thus apply little and then you can build it up.
- For dry skin type people; powder blushes are the best. They glide over the pores very easily and give a youthful look. They can cake up easily if the skin is still dry; hence advised to prep the skin well.
5. Blend your blush thoroughly
Just applying the blush isn’t enough; it is important to blend it properly for a more flawless and radiant look. Some go with makeup brushes, some with blenders while some use their hands. Blending is the key to a natural flush without any harsh lines.
6. Build your blush
When applying it; always keep in mind to start off slow and take little product. This will help you get the desired color you want. In order to make your color look more natural; take the product in the brush or in the sponge and go in a circular direction.
7. Layer Your blush
Layering is the key if you want your blush to last longer. Some people go with a creamy blush and then top it off with a powdered blush. This technique will make your blush last longer and give a finished look.
It gives a quick dash of color to the face that warms the complexion and looks wonderful. With the understanding of correct face shape, It’s formulas and techniques to apply; a simple blush can even uplift your makeup look.
Add a Comment